Thursday, June 18, 2009

Van Accident and New Van

Two weeks ago I dropped the boys off at the start of their race and was driving to the end with the little ones and got in an accident. I tried to change lanes and a little black car was right in my blindspot. We were only going about 10-15 mph, and nobody was hurt, but the van didn't survive so well.Luckily we had comprehension and collision insurance on it.


Then, because it wasn't worth a whole lot anyway, the insurance company decided to total it out. And because our family will hopefully be too large for a mini-van anyway, we are now the proud owners of a monster van! It is a 15 passenger full-size van with lots of room inside. It rides really high, like a truck, and really does feel like I'm driving a bus! This is a picture of it parked out front. My roses are deceiving, it is taller than I am.

3 comments:

Lara said...

Okay Janet, now I am totally jealous. We NEED a car like that badly, in fact, when this baby arrives, there is no possible way for our family of 11 to squeeze into our little 7 passenger mini-van like we have been doing up until now. I am praying that something will work out so we can get a 15 passenger van sooner than later. Congrats on the new van, I'm so glad you are already prepared for whenever the right child to adopt comes your way!!

Anonymous said...

WooHoo!Congratulations on the new ride. Good luck parking it!

Emily said...

You will have to let me know how you like the big van. Matt and I can't seem to decide if we should get a large passenger van next or an 8 passenger SUV. Do you think it would fit in a garage? That would probably be the deciding factor. At least you shouldn't have kids complaining about not having enough room in the car. They can each have their own bench! I hope you have fun, it looks really nice. Too bad about the accident. We really should get together soon.