Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ironman---- in a month

The YMCA is having an Ironman Challenge that started today and goes for a month. Stephen, Melynda, and I signed up. So between now and January 15th, I have to run 26.2 miles, bike 112 miles, and swim 2.4 miles (80 laps). I haven't exercised much since we moved, expect running up and down stairs all day. :) Tonight we went over and Stephen biked 15 miles and I biked 13.5 and ran 1.6. Melynda was at mutual. At the end of this month long challenge is another Sprint Triathlon like the one we did in August (1/4 mile swim, 6 mile bike, 2 mile run), so we're hoping to be able to do that one after this month's "training" challenge.

Anyone else crazy enough to join in with us?

2 comments:

Mary and Gary said...

I am dying for a good run, but I'll have to pass. Maybe next year??

CollinsFamily said...

I went back over to do my swimming and did 10 laps. I did not see you and had to go home. I am going over tomorrow about 2:30-3:00- to bike and run.