Saturday, March 10, 2012

Fevers and Coughs

Our family's been hit with a nasty virus, so I've spent a good part of the week in bed. I pretty much slept for about 36 hours straight Wed/Thurs, just getting up for more Tylenol or to sit with kids in front of the TV while Stephen took other kids to activities. I haven't had a fever like that in a long time, with chills and shakes, then hot flashes. My head felt ready to explode and I just hurt everywhere! And I'm getting a great ab workout from the deep coughing! Lincoln's been fighting it for a week. He had a couple really bad days, but mostly he starts the day acting okay, then by afternoon he just crashes and falls asleep wherever he was playing. Adam's got the cough and is just grumpy and whiny. Jeanisha bounces from energetic to floppy onto the couch. Cumorah has the cough and has slept a lot, but seems to be avoiding the fever. So all week the older kids have been watching "something educational" while Lincoln, Cumorah, and I sleep. Stephen has been wonderful taking care of the kids and stayed home from work Thursday when I was the worst.

I still have racking coughs and I'm not moving fast, so I've worked on updating the blog, since it's been forever. There are a couple new posts, so if you are interested scroll down. :)

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Great updates! Looks like a fun few months. I hope the virus disappears soon, sounds HORRIBLE.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like what we've had going around too. We finally got over it about 10 days ago and this morning my youngest woke up with a fever so I'm bracing for round 2. Your kids are adorable and getting so big! I hope you all feel better soon!