Friday, October 19, 2012

July Update (Benson is here)

I just found this post that never got published. So here it is a few months late. For the update I wrote today, just scroll further down, I can't figure out how to swap them.

Benson Clyde Cox was born on July 6, 2012 at 5:39 am. He was 7 lbs 5 oz and 19 inches long. He is a sweet, quiet baby and we are settling into a routine. I am still nursing Cumorah, so I've been able to nurse him as well. They are 11 months apart. Benson waited until just after Ryan came home from the hospital and after we went to see fireworks. He was induced Thurs night, but not expected to come as fast as he did, so they gave his birth mom a sleeping pill. That made labor and delivery harder and she was worn out by the time he arrived. I was able to stay at the hospital (since I was his food source), and we were greatly blessed to have my sister-in-law Mary nearby. She helped watch Cumorah so I could be there at delivery and kept us fed at the hospital. We hope to be able to finalize the adoption in August.

Cumorah is a pro at hanging out in the hospital. Her and I stayed with Tyler in April for 5 days, with Ryan in June for 5 days, and Benson in July for 2 days. Hospitals are not much fun for a baby who wants to crawl and move, but she did really well. I hope we don't go back for a VERY long time. Ryan is recovering really well. The hardest part now is not being able to do his normal things, like carry or hold Cumorah. She is now 17.5 lbs and 28 inches long. She is crawling and pulling herself up on everything. Tyler is now just over 2 months out from surgery, but because he is healing so well, the dr. has lifted most of his restrictions. He was most excited to be able to vacuum again and now to be able to carry Cumorah. He will run his first race post surgery tomorrow.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Thanks for all the updates! Congratulations on Benson!!! It's been fun to follow on facebook, but I love the details as well.

Thanks for sharing the homeschooling blessings, I've seen that with my friends who homeschool, the "social" questions always cracks me up.

When you get a moment (ha), I would love to see "a day in the life of" with details on homeschooling, etc. A friend did it on her blog and it was very informative (idea, she admitted, but informative). Congrats again!!

Melissa said...

Congrats on a beautiful baby boy! Benson is a wonderful name. It's been a favorite of mine since high school. :)

I am curious how the LOF Elementary series is going for you. My 4th grader finished the Pre-A series and is now starting the High School set. He loves Fred! I'm wondering if the elementary series is as fun, engaging, and informative as the upper levels. I'm considering the elementary books for my younger kids. I'd love to hear how it's going for you.

Melissa :)