Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy Anniversary

I can't believe it has been 9 years since I married my sweetheart. So much has happened during that time and I love him more than I could imagine. He is a wonderful husband and father, so easy-going and fun. We got married 6 months to the day from when we met, and I know some people thought we were a little crazy since we had never even lived in the same town. Our entire courtship was long distance from Provo to Logan, about a 4-5 hour drive. We met on a huge group blind date. My friend Emily and I paired up over 30 people for a dance at the Capitol in Salt Lake. So everybody in the entire group was on a blind date and we had people from 5 colleges. Here is a photo from that first date. (What are the odds of having a photo of your first date????) I also have copies of all the emails we sent back and forth-- although when I imported them into Word, it automatically updated a lot of Stephen's creative spelling and capitalization and punctuation. For some reason he thought that in email, you didn't need to worry about any of that. :) Here is one of our engagement pictures.
And here are a few pictures from our wedding day. Don't we look young!!!! The kids especially love the one where Stephen is jumping. I'm amazed the photographer caught it so perfectly.


It has been a wonderful 9 years and I'm looking forward to an eternity of years!

2 comments:

Birrd said...

I didn't realize you've been married only 7 months longer than us! And I'd never heard how you met before! What a great story. I love the pictures-- thanks for sharing! You guys haven't changed much on the outside.

Zumba Girl said...

Wow!! You always surprise me. Just when I think I know you well, you tell me something I never knew. A blind date??? You guys look so young, but I guess you still look so young... Happy Anniversary!!!!