Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ramblings, Dr, and testing

We've been visiting family the last two weekends and between packing, unpacking, and keeping up with everyday craziness, I haven't had a chance to post. We spent Memorial Day with my family, then left T for a fun week with Grandma and Grandpa so he could be "spoiled." We finished our homeschool co-op for the summer which the kids loved-- we're planning to do it again in the fall. Then last weekend we headed to Utah for a baby blessing and to visit the other grandparents, aunts and uncles, and lots of cousins. We stopped at the sand dunes on the way home and the boys, even A, enjoyed digging in the sand. J just wanted it to stay out of her eyes!!!! I think I'm all traveled out for awhile.

Yesterday we had another Dr. appt. We heard the heart beating and scheduled the amniocentesis for June 17th-- then it will be another week or two before we know anything. So, it's just more waiting for now. I'm past the numbness and really feel pretty at peace with the likely options considering none of them are very good-- I just wish I had a crystal ball. The waiting would be easier if I knew exactly what was going to happen and when. But I guess then I wouldn't learn to trust and have patience. I was a little apprehensive going into the Dr, knowing that there was a chance there would not be a heartbeat anymore. I will be very happy once I start feeling the baby more and can more easily know he or she is still alive and active.

On a more positive note, R had his academic testing yesterday to see about skipping 2nd grade and moving into 3rd next fall. He missed the Kindergarten deadline by a week, so he'd really only be moving up with kids a week older than him. And where we homeschool, it doesn't really matter, but if he ever goes to regular public school, he'd be closer to where he's working. Most of his scores ranged from 4th grade to 9th grade, with Reading and Math both being very high. He scored end of 2nd grade on spelling and writing fluency. And the writing fluency is probably my fault because I had told him to use his best handwriting, so he was trying to do his neatest, not his fastest. But he came out of the test completely motivated to work on spelling this summer. I'm very proud of him and how well he is doing. He is very self-motivated and as long as the work is challenging he thrives!!!! And I love being able to watch things click!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

praying for you tomorrow. connie