Monday, June 30, 2008

46XY

We finally got the results of the amnio. They came back as 46XY, normal boy!!!! So at least as far as chromosomes go, everything is fine. The reason it took so long is they kept looking and growing the cells because something was supposed to be wrong and nothing was. Thank you so much for all the prayers!!!!! We have the 20 week ultrasound in a couple weeks where they will look for any abnormalities the amnio didn't pick up, but anything they find at this point should be fixable with surgery.

I'm relieved and exited, but I think I'm still mentally in shock. I was waiting to hear WHAT was wrong, I wouldn't let myself even hope that it would come out alright. So, it's all still sinking in. It has been a long 9 weeks, waiting and worrying. I still have to wrap my brain around that fact that it's all going to be okay. I hadn't even been able to pray that the baby would be healthy-- they kids did, they would pray that the baby would live and by healthy-- I just kept praying that we would have the strength and support to get through whatever trial Heavenly Father was sending us.

Wow, it still doesn't feel real. I asked the nurse 4 times when she called if they were really sure. I feel like I'm in one of those snowglobes and everything was shaken up like crazy and it's just starting to settle again.

Thank you again for all the prayers and love.

9 comments:

Emily said...

I am so happy for you! It really is a miracle. You were sure due for one! Congratulations on the baby boy! It really is the BEST news! love-ya

Anonymous said...

I've been checking in frequently for this update and I am so glad to find such happy news!!! How wonderful that your baby is healthy! What a blessing!

And you're having another boy! Congratulations! Looks like your little J is pretty outnumbered now! Do you have any names that you are considering?

Melissa :)
www.withasmile.wordpress.com

Shelly said...

Yeah!!!!! I'm tearing up here at the computer I am sooooo happy for you!!

I can't imagine how hard these last nine weeks have been for you and I'm so grateful for these results!!

Now you have to find another boy name and do other normal pregnancy stuff-weird huh?

Anonymous said...

Janet,

I am so happy for you. Your strength has always amazed me. I hope life is able to feel a little more "normal" for you and your family for a while!!

Anonymous said...

What FABULOUS news!! I am thrilled for you. It's proof that Heavenly Father really does listen and answer the prayers of even the littlest children. Congratulations.

Rachelle Christensen said...

Janet,
Oh, I'm so behind lately that I just barely read your whole terrible waiting game!! I'm so thankful that everything is looking good. I don't want you to have to go through any more problems. I'm excited for you and hope that you feel good!
Good luck.

The Snell Family said...

I can't tell you how happy I am to read all your good news. I have been wondering and praying for you, I am glad to know that you have been given a healthy boy.
We will keep you in our prayers for a continued healthy pregnancy.
Julianna

Zumba Girl said...

I am so happy for you. That is such wonderful news. It is so nice to have something and someone to be happy for. What a miracle!!

Birrd said...

Oh, Janet! I'm so happy and amazed and thrilled and surprised and... yeah! This is such great news!