Friday, October 24, 2008

First weird craving this pregnancy

It seems like I have at least one strange craving with each pregnancy. With Adam it was green olives-- I loved them. Yesterday I was in Costco and they were doing samples, and one was sushi-- the fully cooked kind. It tasted so good, but I knew I would be the only one eating them, and at Costco, everything is extra large anyway-- did I really want 40 pieces of sushi. I told myself I would find something else that looked good that the rest of the family would share, but Ryan and I went through the entire store and nothing else looked good-- not even the candy bars and M&M's I was buying with my coupons. So I went back and got my sushi. Stephen gave me a really funny look when I walked into the house carrying it. And again when I was eating it while we watched a movie and he was digging into his bag of M&M's and the kids were eating popcorn.

And then tonight on our way home from the temple, I told him I was going to go home and eat some more of my sushi and a bowl of ice cream. I didn't mean together!!!!!! The sushi was for dinner and the ice cream was for dessert!!!! Oh well, I think it sounds better than pickles and ice cream any day.

3 comments:

Mary and Gary said...

Thats pretty gross, but whatever sounds good! I haven't had any weird cravings yet, but whenever I say we should having something for dinner, Gary says "Are you sure you aren't CRAVING that?". I guess there have to be a few people in the world that like sushi at one time or another. :)

Shelly said...

LOL! I actually tried pickles with my first pregnancy, but didn't like them (like usual).

California rolls sound good now...

How are you doing otherwise? Getting to the end here, how are you feeling? Do you get early labor?

Zumba Girl said...

I'll come eat sushi with you ANYTIME!! I love it even though I am not pregnant. ;)