Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Going on a Cruise

Stephen and I are going on a cruise in December to Catalina Island and Ensenata, Mexico. We leave from San Diego. It is for our 10 year anniversary, which was actually last May, but Lincoln was too little to leave-- he'll be just over a year. I am super excited. Ryan is going to fly down to Utah to stay with grandparents there and is counting down the days. The other kids are going to the other grandparents or Aunt Karma's. They all think they are getting the best deal. We had planned to go in January or February, but I found a good deal on plane tickets ($150 RT from Boise to San Diego) and then the price of the cruise for this week dropped to $149 per person for an oceanview room. That will leave me more money in my budget for excursions or shopping! If anyone has been on a Carnival cruise to Catalina or Ensanada, let us know what you recommend.

4 comments:

Mary and Gary said...

I would take Dramamine. Also order the strawberry bisque if it is offered for dinner. There is a formal night to dress up and I brought a church outfit and felt underdressed think "Emmys" not church. Gary and I were cheap and didn't do anything really but if I had money I would rent a golf cart on catalina and go see the blow hole thing in Ensenada. Other than that just relax!

Melissa said...

How fun! Enjoy yourselves!

Melissa :)

Shelly said...

Sounds lovely! Wish we could join you. We missed our 10 year as well-the twins were just over a month old.

Have a great time!!

Mary Ann said...

How fun for you! Dave and I are still waiting for our big 10-year anniversary trip. Oh wait, Dave went to Kansas City for it. I have always wanted to go on a cruise. We'll be excited to hear about it. Does this mean you're not coming down in December or will it be at a different time?