Wednesday, November 4, 2009

October Update

October was crazy and busy. I gained a huge appreciation for Relief Society as I tried to help my friend whose husband had passed away. She is not LDS and didn't have that built in network to call on. Then my in-laws came to visit and we had a fun weekend Christmas shopping and driving around the area and just relaxing at home. Soon after they left, we got hit with the dreaded swine flu-- and it was MISERABLE!!!! Lincoln and I got it the worst, but no one had serious complications. We had to alternate Tylenol and Motrin round the clock to keep his fever down and I would have coughing fits so hard they would bring me to my knees. It was NOT fun!!!! The other kids all got it for a few days, and by the time it ran it's course, I hadn't left the house for 2 weeks.

On a positive note, the boys are in a Christmas showchoir and Ryan was selected to sing the solo. He is very excited! He loves to sing. The older kids all had a wonderful Halloween with lots of candy and fun dressing up. Lincoln slept through most of it-- he's fighting another cold.

4 comments:

The Moving Girl said...

You are supermom!! Wow you are awesome!

Leslie B said...

wow! Being in your house for 2 weeks straight! I bet you're glad that's over! I'm glad you're better.

Melissa said...

Ugh, we had swine flu here too and it was awful. Some of us were hit harder than others- just like you, it was me and Asher (our 1-year-old). I felt like we fell off the planet for the month of october. Anyway, I'm glad you have all recovered!

Melissa :)

CollinsFamily said...

Hey, what a great picture of our girls!!