Saturday, June 19, 2010

Busy, busy, busy





I can't believe it's been 2 1/2 weeks since Trish came. This summer is going so fast!!! Everyone has adjusted really well, and it seems like Trish has been part of the family for much more than a few weeks. The novelty has pretty much worn off and she is just one of the gang now. She is great with the kids and has enjoyed being able to be a kid herself as she does things with them.

We've been running 3 miles almost every night (Trish and I are planning to do a half marathon this fall), went to watch my brother at Special Olympics, went to Bio Blitz at the Wildlife Refuge, fed the ducks, went to the zoo, went to the Discovery Center Science Museum, went to Messiah's Mansion (a life size replica of the tabernacle in Moses time), had Cub Scout Day camp, and spent the last 3 days doing Idaho Youth Games. For the Idaho Youth Games, Trish volunteered with Stephen and I and had lots of fun helping the other kids do swimming, bowling, a one mile race, a mini triathlon, and a "fun night" with lots of bounce houses and activities.

She has jumped into the youth activities at church and is going to be leaving for girls camp on Monday morning for 4 days! She is also taking 2 high school classes this summer, Health and Eng 10A, so she spends time each day working on those. I think she has been surprised at how busy we are and how many fun things there are to do. She also loves to take photos, so now I have tons of fun pictures to add to the blog; I just have to get her in front of the camera too!

Here are some pictures from the zoo!






5 comments:

Shelly said...

You are busy! I'm glad things are going so well and now I want to come visit because of all the fun things you have to do there.

Unknown said...

I only started reading your blog recently. I am so glad everything is working out.
Blessings
Diane

Anonymous said...

Sounds like y'all are having tons of fun! You all are lucky to have found one another.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like y'all are having tons of fun! You all are lucky to have found one another.

April Mitchell said...

Holy Cow! you guys have been so busy this Summer already. I am so glad Trish is fitting right in, you all look so happy. Isn't the Africa exhibit at the zoo so awesome?! I could just watch those lions sleep all day.