Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cover your eyes!

GameHouse.com has a "free" computer game download everyday. The only catch is that about every 20 minutes, you have to watch a 20-30 second commercial. We've downloaded several and enjoy them. Last night the boys were playing a hidden picture computer game in the kitchen. Then I hear Ryan telling Tyler, "Cover your eyes, cover your eyes."

"Oh, great," I thought, "What popped up on them?" I hurried over to the computer to see and had to smile. The ad was for shaving gel and it was showing a women's naked leg--- from about the knee down. The commercials repeat, so I stayed and made sure that was all the ad showed when it played again, and then told the boys they could go ahead and keep playing and just to cover their eyes if a commercial came on that they even thought MIGHT be bad. I also made sure, again, that they both knew how to turn off the monitor. I was quite happy that covering their eyes was their first response and that the "bad stuff" wasn't something worse!

And for what it is worth, we have enjoyed the free games we've downloaded, especially the hidden picture ones. Our virus software has always shown them as okay.

1 comment:

Rachelle Christensen said...

Oh, how funny! I love the part about "Cover your eyes!"
I posted info about my new Ribbon Box on my blog, it’s so neat! If you’d like to see details, please stop by!