Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Funny, Sweet, and Random Comments

I've been collecting some of the great comments the kids make and wanted to share them here. Enjoy.

I was teasing Tyler and stuck a little sticker on his forehead that said STAR and told him "That's what you are." He went over to the mirror to see what it said and came back over all indignant. "I'm not RATS!" He took the sticker off and threw it on the ground. Then I had him read it and he wanted it back on.

Adam was eating his sucker and started complaining. "My sucker is too hard, I can't eat it." I told him just to suck on it. "I can't, it will get my mouth dirty."

My brother Gary is married to a Mary. I also have a sister named Karma.

I bought some Marionberry syrup and the kids love it, but they call it "Mary an' Gary" syrup. They also call Carmel Corn "Karma" Corn.

Tyler at Christmas gave me a snowflake necklace, he was so excited about it. More excited than even opening presents. He kept telling me, leading up to Christmas "You are going to squeeze my guts out when you open my present."

Then on Christmas morning, one of his presents was the movie "G-Force." It was probably the 3rd present he'd opened. He then convinced the other kids to stop opening presents and to go watch the movie. They sat and watched the whole thing before going back to open the rest of the presents. (We were able to feed them breakfast while they watched, so it actually worked out pretty good.)

Now for the sweet ones. Our cat Lucy got hurt and her leg had a big bloody sore on it. The kids were pretty worried. They were working on schoolwork and Tyler stopped and came to ask how to start a fast so he could fast for her to get better.

I couldn't find a library book, so I offered the kids a $1 reward. Ryan went racing to his bedroom, and just then I found it. He was disappointed and told me, "I was going to my room to say a prayer because I know Heavenly Father would help me find it and then I would get the money."

No comments: