Thursday, January 29, 2009

Homeschool Reviews

I thought I would put a note about my homeschool reviews site: http://simplyschoolingreviews.blogspot.com/

I've done about 25 reviews now and been introduced to some awesome products! I'm working on putting some "quick links" at the top for my favorites.

Ryan went from hating spelling to loving it with All About Spelling. Tyler learned the 50 states with The Little Man in the Map. And Jeanisha is starting to read with Rocket Phonics.

This is what Ryan (remember, he's 8) reported to his dad after watching part of the Algebra 2 MathTutor DVD's I was sent to review:

Dad: "What did you learn today?"
Ryan: "I learned algebra. Well, actually Algebra 2. And it was easy."

He then had me write him some equations, like y=4X-6, so he could demonstrate how to graph a line.

Then, Ryan: "And there's only 15 parts on the movie, so I'll learn all the rest in, oh, about 2 weeks."

We just had to smile at his confidence!

No comments: