Sunday, March 28, 2010

Playing House

My poor daughter needs some sisters!!!!

Jeanisha and I were talking about things she liked to do when she plays at friends' houses. She listed off several things she like to do, then said, "But there is one thing I don't like."
Me: What's that?
Jeanisha: I don't like it when they say 'let's play house.'
Me: Why not, lots of little girls like to play house.
Jeanisha: Because I don't know how to play that game.

I explained that playing house just means pretending to be a mom and taking care of doll babies and pretending to cook dinner and stuff like that. She looked at me for a minute, and then said, "No mom, that's just playing."

3 comments:

CollinsFamily said...

She can borrow Julianna any time!

Hopefully the addition to your family will be at least one girl!

April Mitchell said...

Get that poor girl a sister!lol

Shelly said...

Wish we were closer! I had to laugh as I read about your adoption selection!!! and then how Jeanisha needs a sister. Oh well. ;)