Thursday, March 20, 2008

Roller Skating

Today I took all 4 kids roller skating-- by myself. It was a little crazy, but lots of fun. They let me take A out in the umbrella stroller. J held onto the back of that and skated between my legs. The boys either held onto my arms, back pocket, or the wall. It was the first time we've taken them, but by the end of the two hours, they were doing really good. I had forgotten how much fun rollerblading was, especially when J and T wanted to sit and pretend to drive the car video games on the side of the rink. I could see them the entire time, but could actually skate fast! The kids were very excited when I won the adult race as the fastest girl and won a free pop they all shared. The only minor casualty was when they convinced me to try the limbo. I made it under just fine, but crashed on my way back up and ended up with a nice goose egg on the inside of my knee. I iced it when we got home, and now it only hurts if I squat down. I can't wait to go back next month. Homeschool skate is every third Thursday from 10-12, or we'd be game to go in the afternoon if anyone wants to join us.

Then this afternoon they went to co-op and sewed aprons and played while I went Easter shopping with just 2 kids! I even had time to browse the clearance racks and found some great new shirts for under $2 at ShopKo. I remember when the boys were little it seemed hard to take both of them to the store, now just 2 seems like a piece of cake!!!! Will 4 ever seem that easy?

1 comment:

Zumba Girl said...

I knew you would be good at blogging... Are you having fun? I know I enjoy reading about your adventures.