Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Temple Time

We had an awesome Stake Conference this last weekend. I especially love the Saturday night adult-only session. President Costa of the Presidency of the Seventy was visiting-- he is an amazing speaker. The first two speakers talked about food storage and budgeting, so I was feeling pretty good. Then Pres. Costa talked about temples and challenged us to go as a couple ONCE A WEEK!!!! And I had thought we were doing good going once a month! He issued the challenge in all 3 sessions, priesthood, adult, and the general session. And he also made several promises of really good things that will happen if we do make the temple a priority.

At first I admit I kind of baulked. The hardest part for me is finding a babysitter for the kids. If I swap with someone, that takes 2 evenings of the week, and if I pay a babysitter, that gets expensive. Plus, Stephen isn't the best at taking me on dates as it is. I'm still waiting to go out for Valentines Day-- we were on our trip, but it's still been almost a month. Hint, hint.

Anyway, we talked about it and decided that we are going to do it. We went last Thursday right before Stake Conference, then we went again last night. And it was really nice. So if anyone wants to swap kids, let me know.



2 comments:

Birrd said...

I'll swap kids with you!

Oops, I forgot, I live a zillion miles away...

I really miss Idaho!

Anyway, I think it's awesome that you're going to take on that challenge. And I'm sure the Lord will provide a way!

Zumba Girl said...

I am swapping already, but I am super proud of you for doing this too. We are having so much fun being together and feeling good about what we are accomplishing. As you were shocked so were we, but it has been so so nice already. I am excited for a different kind of date next weekend. Hee hee! Let me know what time you need me.